What is VPN?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Harvard's VPN Service is automatically activated for all GSD Students and will remain active until you are no longer a GSD Student. There is no need to sign-up. Please contact the Help Desk (617-496-3810) if you require any assistance. The Help Desk is located in L19 in the lower level of the Frances Loeb Library.
VPN Download and Installation Steps:
1. Open your browser and go to the following URL: //vpn.harvard.edu
2. At the login screen you will be prompted to authenticate. Enter your VPN Credentials (HarvardKey credentials and your two-step verification). Press ‘Continue’ to accept the terms.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the software.
4. After the installation, you may launch Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client from your Start menu (Windows) or Applications folder if you are on OSX
5. Once launched, make sure “vpn.harvard.edu” is entered in the ‘Connect’ dialog box. Next, you will be prompted for your HarvardKey in conjunction with two-step verification.
As of Summer 2019, it is no longer necessary to append “#gsd” to your HarvardKey Login name.