All student events must be affiliated with a student group. If you are not part of a group and wish to hold an event, you will need to find a group to co-sponsor. Please read through the room usage policy for important guidelines.
For any event:
- Talk to your group's Events Liaison
Events Liaisons are listed for each group in the Student Group Directory.
- Your Events Liaison submits a request via SERT
The Events Liaison has access to SERT
500 Internal Server Error- 网赌网址-app下载
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.will not be approved. Have you budgeted for possible needs like custodial service or formal video recording, if you'll need them? To ensure the timely review of your event, you must fully complete the questions posed by the SERT request system.
- Wait for confirmation
Your reservation is NOT confirmed at this point. Do not proceed with plans – including making any official invitations to speakers – until your Events Liaison has received confirmation via SERT. This is why you should request space as early as possible – ideally more than two or three weeks in advance. Bear in mind, requesting space close to the event date may leave you too little time to sort out details, or may leave you in a space that is less than ideal. Space for all student events must be requested by midnight on Monday of the week prior to the week of the event.
Keep in mind that even if space is available, there may be other reasons an event might not be allowed to take place, or might need to find a new date or time. Conflicts with the GSD Public Lecture Series or significant dates on the Academic Calendar are not allowed. Additionally, if the Events Committee believes that hosting a proposed speaker would not be in alignment with the GSD’s community values, the committee reserves the right to deny or cancel the event.
- Receive confirmation or an offer to select an alternate room/time
Room reservations for events are made at a weekly meeting, generally on Tuesday mornings. All event requests should be made at least one week in advance. If there is a conflict with your request, an email will be sent with alternative options for you to consider.
- Finalize preparations for the event
NOW is the time to confirm travel, catering, etc. You should not confirm dates, times, or locations with guests until after receiving confirmation. Note: In some cases, a change in room assignments may need to occur after the confirmation on an event. An email will be sent to your group Events Liaison if any changes have taken place.
- Events with food or in rooms with flexible furniture setups will incur custodial charges. You can avoid this by choosing rooms such as 111, 109, and 516 for larger events, where there is a default room setup. Pre-set seminar-style classroom spaces can also be used to avoid custodial costs.
- The best times for student events tend to be during lunchtime, and in the evening starting at 6:30 pm or later. Events will not be approved if they conflict with a GSD public program.
- If you just need a meeting room for an internal group meeting, consider using a lounge or one of the unlocked pre-set classrooms in the evening or over the weekend. Student groups can use those spaces without a reservation at those times, though you can still make a reservation if you want to be sure of a specific space.
- Any event that will be publicized, whether to the internal GSD community or to audiences outside the GSD, requires compliance with the above planning steps.
- Please include information about the size of your expected audience when making a room request in SERT. Note that the number of attendees count that is used when searching for open rooms will be interpreted as the size of the expected event, and used to help determine your event's space needs, unless additional information is provided.
- Some dates and times will not be available, even if the room you prefer appears to be unreserved at the time you're requesting. In particular, keep in mind the need to avoid conflicting with official GSD public events. The online events calendar is a partial listing of confirmed events. It is NOT a complete record of available times.
- Are you planning on bringing in a high-profile guest? Do you expect to need services such as room setups, video recording, etc.? Will your event incur significant costs for your group? Please get in touch with Erica George as early as possible in your planning.
If you have questions, please contact the Event Liaison of your group or Erica George, Coordinator of Student Activities and Outreach.
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.event planning instructions for faculty and staff.