Instructions for Obtaining a Massachusetts State Liquor ID Card
How To Apply For An MA Liquor ID
1. Go to the Social Security Administration office at 10 Fawcett Street in Cambridge. Open 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Wednesday: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
2. Take your I-20 and your passport.
3. You will complete a one page application form (the actual form is the last page).
4. You will be given an SSN denial letter on the spot.
5. Go to:
- Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenal Street (inside Watertown Mall), Watertown
- or Boston RMV, 136 Blackstone Street, Boston
6. You need to take the following with you:
- A completed Form 21042
- Proof of MA residence (a rental lease, or utility bills, etc.)
- PassportThe SSN denial letter
- Payment of $25 (cash or credit card)
7. The ID will be sent to you in the mail.
Massachusetts State Law Protections
Sometimes in the Boston area, bars will give you a hard time or prevent your entry as a foreigner or even from a neighboring state. The Massachusetts State Liquor ID card is the ONLY legal solution to avoiding these uncomfortable (and sometimes completely irrational) confrontations.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Here's a link to the law:
This means that they should let you enter with a Massachusetts Liquor ID.